Nguồn website giaibai5s.com
PRACTICE TEST 5
Time: 60 min.
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
Bạn đang đọc: Practice Test 5 – Ôn thi vào 10 – LỚP 9
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. daily B. simply C. apply D. emergency
2. A. tough B. thought C. laugh D. cough
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. responsive B. bilingual C. attendance D. operate
4. A. deceive B. sector C. mission D. burden
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. The number of visitors to the exhibition dropped considerable in the second week. A B C D
6. When too many firms enter competitive markets, their share of profits will fell .
A B C D
7. The term “ middle class describes people between the upper and the low social classes. A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions .
8. Don’t blame me. I him only if he hadn’t been driving so fast .
A. will have followed
B. had followed
C. would have been able to follow
D. could follow
9. The panda’s … … .. habitat is the bamboo forest .
A. nature B. natural C. naturalized D. naturally
10. Could you please __ an appointment for me to see Mr. Smith ?
A. do B. take C. make D.get
11. We have had the roof of our house
A. replace B. replaced C. to replace D. been replaced
12. If everyone of us _ _ the traffic rules, the road will be much safer .
A. obey B. obeys C. obeyed D. will obey
13. There are far students in this school than in that school .
A. fewer B. less C. fewest D. least
14. Susan rarely stays up late ,
A. is she
B. isn’t she
C. does she
D. doesn’t she
15. – “ Tom wasn’t there last night ? ”
– “ No ,
A. I wasn’t either
B. either was
C. I wasn’t too
D. neither I was
16. Most rodents eat grain, seeds and nuts .
A. but some eat almost anything
B. instead a few doesn’t eat grain
C. while some eat those things
D. contrary few cal anything
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. – “Let me help you with the box.”
– “ … … … … .. ”
A. Yes. That’s very kind of you. B I’m sorry. I’m busy now .
C. What can I do for you ? D. No. You must not touch it .
18. – “ How far is your house from here ”
A. Is there a bus from here ?
B. No, it isn’t.
Xem thêm: Sách giáo khoa Giáo dục công dân 7 Cánh diều
C. Yes, it’s very far .
D. Two kilometers, at least .
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. After her parents’ death, her chief inheritance was an old Bible, which she read and valued.
A. pursuit B. possession C. mistrust D. misery
20. They need to cut back on eating a lot of salt and sugary foods. They’re not good for their health .
A. reduce B. begin C. speed up D. carry out
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions,
21. I find playing sports, like badminton, an exciting way to exercise .
A. stimulating B. regular C. normal D. boring
22. Population growth rates vary among regions and even among countries within the same region .
A. come up B. stay unchanged C. remain unstable D. go down
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
It has long been suspected that lack of sleep can actually lead to illness, particularly in young people. Research involving students aged 14-19 over a three-week period now appears to confirm ( 23 ) The teenagers wore devices that recorded the movements they made, without being ( 24 ) _ _of them, that indicated they were asleep. The results were then compared to the number of illnesses that they had ( 25 ) during the three weeks, in addition to the number of occasions on which they had been absent from school. What the study showed was that students who slept ( 26 ) than seven hours a night caught colds, flu and other relatively minor illnesses more often. The problem is that as children enter their teens their natural sleeping patterns change, ( 27 ) ____ in them going to sleep later and therefore wanting to wake up later – but they still have to get up in the morning to go to school .
23. A. this B. that C. these D. those
24. A. awake B. aware C. familiar D. sensitive
25. A. caught B. affected C. suffered D. experienced
26. A. more B. smaller C. longer D. fewer
27. A. resulting B. producing C. finishing D. forcing
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
In the earliest times children got their education directly from parents and other adults. They learned mainly skills for survival. Adults passed down this knowledge through spoken language. Eventually cultures around the world began inventing writing. As societies developed they set up schools to teach reading, writing, maths and other subjects. The first schools were usually just for boys. Most of the students came from rich and powerful families. Often the purpose of their education was religious training. In many cultures the religious leaders formed the highest level of society. Some schools had other purposes as well. Many schools focused on military training. Sometimes youths attended special schools to learn the art of public speaking. Thes e skills were meant to help them become future leaders. Most girls received their education at home. They learned cooking, sewing and other useful skills. Over time education became available to more people, not just the rich and powerful. The governments of some countries set up public systems of education in the 1800 s. More schools opened to girls. During the 1900 s marks, or grades, became a new measure of learning. Testing became a regular part of formal education. As education became more important to people, teachers ’ colleges opened. The requirements for becoming a teacher became stricter. Teaching became a highly respected profession .
28. In the earliest times, children learned mainly skills so that they could
A. continue to exist
B. pass this knowledge down
C. invent writing
D. make societies develop
29. The word “ they ” in the passage refers to
A. cultures B. societies C. schools D. subjects
30. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage ?
A. The first schools were usually just for boys from rich and powerful families .
B. Art of public speaking was one of the skills that help youths become future leaders .
C. During the 1900 s, testing became a regular part of formal education .
D. In the earliest times, knowledge was passed down through written records .
31. The phrase “ set up ” in the passage could be best replaced by
A. made B. based C. founded D. built
32. The best title for the passage could be
A. Education in the Earliest Times
B. The Development of Education
C. Education in Modern Times
D. Testing — a Regular Part of Education
II. WRITING (2.0 points) Use the words and phrases provided to write meaningful sentences.
33. my / opinion / wear / uniforms / encourage / students / proud / school / l .
34. holiday / be / sol disappointing / they / decide / ask / money / back .
35. if / there / be / much / exhaust fume / air / more / people, cope / respiratory
problem / / .
36. you / know / name / lecturer / talk / natural disasters / workshop / two days ago / / ?
Write new sentences as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentences, using the given words in brackets. Do not change the given words in any way.
37. Luckily it wasn’t necessary for Jim to take the exam again. (need)
38. Although he is intelligent, he doesn’t do well at school. ( Despite )
39. We didn’t go to the theatre. We stayed at home. (instead of)
Xem thêm: GIÁO DỤC AN TOÀN GIAO THÔNG CHO HỌC SINH TIỂU HỌC – Tài liệu text
40. We must replace the loudspeakers. The current ones aren’t satisfactory. ( since )
— — — — — — — — — —
PRACTICE TEST 5
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE (8.0 points)
1.C 2. B 3. D 4. A 5. D 6.D 7.C 8.C 9. B 10.C
11. B 12. B 13. A 14.C 15. A 16. A 17. A 18.D
19. B 20. A 21.D 22. B 23. A 24.B 25.0 26. D 27. A
28. A 29. A 30.D 31. C 32. B
II. WRITING (2.0 points)
33. In my opinion, wearing uniforms encourages students to be proud of their school.
34. The holiday was so disappointing that they decided to ask for their money back.
35. If there is too much exhaust fume in the air, more and more people will cope with respiratory problem.
36. Do you know the name of the lecturer who talked about natural disasters at the workshop two days ago?
37. Luckily Jim didn’t need to take the exam again.
38. Despite his intelligence/ being intelligent, he doesn’t do well at school./
Despite the fact that he is intelligent, he doesn’t do well at school.
39. We stayed at home instead of going to the theatre./
Instead of going to the theatre, we stayed at home.
40. We must replace the loudspeakers since the current ones aren’t satisfactory.